How to prevent bad GPS data on Android
Some Android devices restrict background processes and close the Relive app during recording. This may report a different distance than you actually traveled, may result in an incomplete video or a straight line in your video. Unfortunately, it will not be possible for us to "fill in" the missing data or modify the existing data. Please follow these steps to prevent issues in the future.
- Be sure Relive is allowed to use your location. Settings > Apps > Relive > Permissions > Toggle Location ON. Be sure that you've allowed Relive to use GPS in the background.
- Disable any battery saver settings. Including Power Saving Mode, Battery Management or any third party app. Access your phone The steps to disable the settings can be slightly different on different phones. On a samsung phone: Access battery settings > app power saving > details > Relive> disabled
- Another thing you could try is to lock the Relive screen. You can do this as follow:
- Open the Relive app and start a recording
- Tap the button to bring up the recent app or background app list.
- Scroll to Relive but don’t tap it or else it will come back to foreground. If it does come back to foreground repeat the steps above
- There should be a small lock icon on the Relive app. Tap it to lock it.
- Proceed with your recording
Even if you're in the same place and your device in the same setting as before, the GPS reception behave differently from one day to the next. With the changing position of the satellites, changing weather patterns, and the changing nature of the Earth's outer atmosphere, there are enough parts of the GPS system outside of your direct control and observation that it is difficult to make conclusions about what specifically is causing inconsistent performance. We recommend you try repeatedly before making a judgment about the best ways to work with your device's GPS in your settings.